It’s time for another edition of Dollar and Cents. This is where I answer one of your questions.
We want to put our IRA into a self-directed IRA and purchase some land with it as an investment. Do you have any tips on how to do this? We know what it is and we know we want to do it. But now what?
With each Dollars and Cents video we want to provide some follow up links where you can get some additional information on the topic. If you are interested in learning more about self-directed IRAs, buying land (or a home), or other types of assets you can hold in a self-directed IRA , here are some good reads:
- 8 Unusual Things to Hold in Your IRA – It isn’t just real estate that you can hold in an IRA. Here are some different types of assets that an IRA can hold.
- Self-Direct IRAs: The Secret to Creating True and Lasting Wealth – Equity Trust is one of the leading providers of self-directed IRAs.
- How to Use a Self-Directed IRA to Buy Real Estate – An article that walks through some additional considerations.
- Best Places to Open a Roth IRA – If a Roth IRA is more your style, these are the best places to open an account with a brokerage firm.
- Dollars and Cents: Buy Home Now or Keep Renting? – Another video with a lengthy resource section if you have questions about buying real estate.