I'm obsessed with habits right now.
Like super obsessed.
I earlier wrote about how to go about breaking a bad habit and replacing it with a good one. You can read that post here.
In that post I challenged my readers to join me in attempting to add a new positive habit in their life in 21 days.
The habits that I'm looking to add to my daily routine are doing 100 push-ups per day and reading the Bible for 10 minutes.
When I say that I'm obsessed here's a picture that my wife took while doing push-ups at my CPA's office:
I was able to crank out 40 during that meeting. 😉
interest obsessions of habits has grown, so has my reading research on the topic.
More from GFC, Below
While attending a conference this past year, I met James Clear from JamesClear.com. James does extensive research on the topic and has one of the best newsletters I subscribe to. (You should subscribe, too)
I brought James on the show to share what he's learned over the years. He shares a ton of great info on here and I'm so glad he took the time to do this interview.
Items Discussed on This Podcast
- What was the factor that James interesting in learning about habit formation.
- What was some of the first habit changes that James tested in his personal life.
- Learn about environment design and how that impacts your daily habits. (Loved this part)
- Is there a difference in starting stopping a bad habit vs. starting a new one.
- Learn more how about identity-based habits and how they affect your goals
- iTunes App: WinStreak
- Free Download: Bad Habit Destroyer Checklist
- James' Newsletter: 45 page guide to master mental and physical habits <<Be Sure to Get On This