The Weakonomist from Weakonomics tagged me for some meme action. What we’ve got here is a case of 7 things you don’t know about Jeff Rose. I’ve seen a few other bloggers take part in this and I’ve almost done it a few times, but never pulled the trigger. Well, now that I got tagged, I guess I have to fulfill my obligation
7 Things You Didn’t Know About Me” Meme Rules
1. Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
2. Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged.
Here are my 7:
- I played Tenor Saxophone up until 8th grade and pretty well, if I say so myself. Now, I couldn’t tell you the difference between between B flat or A (are those even notes?)
- While attending college in California I would also do “extra” work part time. You know when you’re watching a TV show or movie and you see the “extras” in the background? That was me. Most notable shows include: Beverly Hills 90210, Boy Meets World, Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Sabrina The Teenage Witch. Even met Robin Williams on a movie set and we did the “Nanu Nanu” thing (From Mork and Mindy for all the young ones out there)
- I am a die hard St. Louis Cardinals fan, but would root for the Cubs if they made it to the World Series. I know, I know. You’re thinking what I’m thinking. The Cubs will never make it to the World Series. cough*Go Cards!*cough
- I first saw my wife when she was in high school and I was a freshman in college at a local gym we used to work out at. She used to wear tube socks to work out in and my friends and I referred to her as “high sock girl”. It still think it’s cute
- My first name is Jan (rhymes with Dan). Yes, I know. It was a name that my grandmother liked and my parents bought into it. My dad’s first name was Ferrell (he went by his middle name, too). I was very conscious about giving my son a first name that he could actually use. Do you blame me?
- My favorite place to eat in the world is In-N-Out Burger. Unfortunately, their only on the west coast. Luckily, my mom is retired living in Las Vegas. When I visit her, guess where my first stop is when we leave the airport?
- When watching TV I can’t watch two things: confrontation and something scary. I always have to cover my face when either one is on. Whenever Jason was breaking up with Melissa on the Bachelor I had to look away. My wife gives me all sorts of crap for it. That’s why I love her.
- Think Your Way To Wealth
- Four Pillars
- Ms Career Girl
- Free From Broke
- House of Rose
This week’s carnivals:
- Learn The Basics of Investing – Edition #197 of Carnival of Personal Finance was hosted at Four Pillars.
- Carnival of Twenty Something Finances – Mustache Edition! was hosted at Pimp Your Finances.
- Festival of Frugality #170 – Frugal Living is Timeless was hosted at Money Ning.
- Personal Finance Blog Articles this Week was held at The Skilled Investor.
Get the Money Dominating Toolkit
- 6 Tools to Get Your Money Back on Track
- The Ultimate Goal Achiever Workbook
- 2 Free Chapters to my Best Selling Book
- 21 Days to Destroy Your Bad Habits Worksheet