Even though we limit screen time at my house, my kids still spend plenty of time on tablets and computers.
While sometimes it’s for fun, their time in front of the computer is also necessary for various types of school work from learning modules to reading assignments.
Still, it’s a scary world out there. As the father of small kids, I am keenly aware of how dangerous the internet can be.
From predatory websites to addresses with unsuitable content, there are numerous ways for kids to get into trouble on the web – even when they are innocent.
To keep my kids safe from dangerous web content, I use Norton by Symantec on as many of our devices as possible.
Not only does using this product let my kids explore the web freely and safely, but it keeps track of the sites they visit so I can keep close tabs on their internet use.
Norton Security Review
Norton Security’s suite of products were practically created for families like mine – you know, families with a couple of children who are old enough to use and understand computers and the internet. Plus, busy parents who cannot possibly watch over them 24 hours each day.
The following list includes some of my favorite benefits of the Norton Family Premier package:
- Know at a glance when and where your kids spend time online – Receive valuable feedback on your children’s internet use, including the websites they visit and when they visited them.
- Gain valuable insights that lead to open, informed conversations – Knowing how your children spend their screen time can help you tackle problems before they arise. And if certain websites become a problem, Norton Security makes it easy to block them.
- Use simple settings to make the Web safe for kids to explore – Norton Security’s user-friendly settings make it easy to block inappropriate website and content so your children cannot get access.
- Help teach balance and healthy habits without taking away kids’ freedom – Monitoring your children’s internet use behind the scenes makes it easier to assess your judgment as a parent without nitpicking or being confrontational. With Norton Security, your kids are free to search the parts of the web you already approve.
- Easily protect kids’ private information and online reputations – With so many predators online, this feature is crucial for families to have. With Norton Security, your children are prevented from sharing most private or personal information on the web.
- Easily protect all your kids’ devices with a single solution. Most families these days have multiple computers and handheld devices. With Norton Security, you can protect them all in one fell swoop.
Other Norton Features to Consider
Another cool feature offered by Norton is search supervision. Not only can you monitor your family’s website visits and time spent on the internet, but you will also get a list of the words and phrases they have searched for on the web. If anyone in your family begins searching for terms you aren’t comfortable with, you’ll have this information, even though the software prevents them from visiting off-limits websites.
More from GFC, Below
While this might put you in an uncomfortable position, it’s crucial to know the kinds of things your kids are searching for on the web. If a problem is brewing in their lives or they are going down a dangerous path, their internet search history can offer insights that can help you get them back on track – before it’s too late.
In addition to security features that focus on safety, Norton also offers some really fun and interesting perks and security features for people who travel. If you lose your phone while on the go, for example, you can log into your Norton account and take a picture of its surroundings to see if you can figure out where it’s at.
If you find it has been stolen or want to make sure no one accesses your private information while you’re recovering your phone, you can also wipe all data remotely.
And when it comes to backing up travel photos taken on your phone, Norton has you covered once again. Included in the Norton Security Premium package is a comprehensive backup plan.
Using this feature, you can upload your photos from your trip into backup and access them anywhere. And if your phone disappears or is stolen, you’ll still have access to your photos through your Norton account.
On top of these perks, Norton’s Identity Safe is another feature that every family needs. Included in all Norton products, it allows the user to track and manage all passwords for personal accounts and can even generate strong passwords for those who get frustrated coming up with their own.
Identity Safe also works on all types of devices, meaning it will function seamlessly no matter which standard computer, laptop, or device you’re using at any given time.
In today’s world, it’s important to protect your family in any way you can. And although we might hate to admit it, the internet is one place where impressionable kids can be led astray. Norton products were created to help each of us monitor internet access and use from the very beginning, but without watching over our children’s shoulders at every turn.
The internet – and the world – can be a scary place. As parents, we need all the help we can get when it comes to protecting our kids.
To learn more about Norton by Symantec products, visit the Learning Center