Jeff Rose is a Certified Financial Planner™ that speaks, writes, and trains on a wide array of topics that include: personal finance, money issues for young couples, new age retirement planning, entrepreneurship, blogging and building an online business.
Jeff is a published author, Soldier of Finance, and runs several blogs in addition to Good Financial Cents. His other blogs include:
- Life Insurance by Jeff – a site dedicated to helping consumers purchase affordable life insurance.
- Marriage More – a site dedicated to helping married couples design their perfect marriage. This blog is jointly ran with his wife Mandy who is also a blogger at HouseofRoseBlog.com.
Contact Jeff direct at (855)-457-6525 or email: jeff [at} goodfinancialcents [dot] com
High Resolution Photos for Download:
- Business Dress
- Business Casual (variation 1 checkered shirt)
- Business Casual (variation 2 blue shirt with white background)
- Business Casual (variation 3: blue shirt with home background)
You can also book an appointment by clicking below.
Part of my job is to be able to educate my clients on the basics of financial planning and investing.
The mission of this blog was to be able to pass that knowledge on to more than just my clients.
I have had the pleasure of working with numerous media outlets who have helped me share my passion for finance on a larger scale.
If you are interested in me for a media reference, please be sure to contact me.
- 05/30/2006The Southern Illinoisan Iraq Vet Keynotes Memorial Ceremony
- 05/31/2006 KFVS 12 Remembering those who have served
Market and Investment Commentary
- 06/02/2016: Cardrates.com: Good Financial Cents: A Financial Bootcamp Preparing You to Invest
- 4/17/2015: NewsMax.com: Iraq Veteran Turned CFP Shows Americans How to Eliminate Their Debt
- 4/15/2015: Forbes.com: Do A Retirement Dress Rehearsal Now So You Don’t Blow It Later
- 4/12/2015: USAToday.com: Entrepreneur’s guide to becoming a millionaire
- 4/9/2015: MSN Money: 40 financial rules for 40-year-olds
- 4/7/2015: Forbes.com: 40 Financial Rules For 40 Year-Olds
- 3/30/2015: DailyFinance.com: 20 Important Financial Rules for Your 20s
- 3/28/2015: Huffington Post: Why You Could Benefit From Professional Money Advice
- 3/28/2015: Forbes.com: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Buy A Variable Annuity
- 3/28/2015: ABCNews.go.com: 5 Reasons to Fire Your Financial Adviser
- 3/26/2015: WSILTV.com: Fixing a Bad Credit Score
- 3/25/2015: Huffington Post: 15 Simple Savings Tips for Families
- 3/23/2015: USAToday.com: War vet turned CFP: Take charge of your own money
- 3/20/2015: BusinessInsider.com: 16 hobbies that can make you money on the side
- 3/16/2015: USNews.com: 7 Money Moves for the 5 Years Before Retirement
- 3/16/2015: Yahoo Finance: 7 money moves for the 5 years before retirement
- 3/12/2015: MSN Money: 5 Bad Money Habits You Can Break Today
- 3/12/2015: Time.com: 5 Bad Money Habits You Can Break Today
- 3/9/2015: Yahoo Finance: 4 serious retirement plan errors to avoid
- 3/9/2015: USNews.com: 4 Serious Retirement Plan Errors to Avoid
- 3/5/2015: Yahoo Finance: 12 Smart Money Moves Millennials Should Make Right Now
- 3/4/2015: Huffington Post: My Universal Life Insurance Might Be a Rip Off
- 3/2/2015: The Wall Street Journal: Voices: Jeff Rose, on the Benefits of Having a Career Coach
- 2/23/2015: DailyFinance.com: 21 Financial Mistakes That Endanger Gen Xers’ Future
- 2/18/2015: Huffington Post: 401(k)s Welcome Annuities
- 02/18/2015: BadCredit.org: 10 Best Personal Finance Blogs for Dads.
- 2/15/2015: DailyFinance.com: 11 Alternative Ways to Invest Your Money
- 2/12/2015: DailyFinance.com: 10 Financial Bloggers’ Best Investments – Ever
- 2/9/2015: Huffington Post: 3 Sneaky Things Hurting Your Credit (That You Can Easily Fix)
- 2/9/2015: BusinessInsider.com: The 17 worst excuses for not saving for retirement
- 2/5/2015: Huffington Post: Dear Dad, Why Did You Let Debt Kill You?
- 2/5/2015: USNews.com: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Retire Early
- 2/3/2015: DailyFinance.com: 10 Ways to Have a Financially Happy Marriage
- 2/3/2015: BusinessInsider.com: My dad’s debt killed him, and I regret letting it go so far
- 1/23/2015: DailyFinance.com: 40 Bucks to $10 Million: What Warren Buffett Can Teach You
- 1/22/2015: DailyFinance.com: Avoid Inheriting the Debts of Your Closest Relatives
- 1/22/2015: BusinessInsider.com: 29 Smart Steps 20-Somethings Should Take To Grow Their Wealth Right Now
- 1/21/2015: DailyFinance.com: Revealed: Millennials Are Not the Lost Generation
- 1/20/2015: DailyFinance.com: 4 Simple Ways to Fix Your Finances in 15 Minutes
- 1/15/2015: MSN Money: 4 ways to go broke in retirement
- 1/15/2015: USNews.com: 4 Ways to Go Broke in Retirement
- 1/2/2015: DailyFinance.com: How Military Personnel, Spouses Can Avoid Financial Failure
- 12/26/2014: BusinessInsider.com: 5 Lessons I Learned From Starting My Own Business
- 12/19/2014: DailyFinance.com: 5 Networking Strategies You Are Doing Flat-Out Wrong
- 12/18/2014: DailyFinance.com: Tweet Jam: Successful Seniors’ Surprising Secrets
- 12/17/2014: BusinessInsider.com: 16 Reasons Your Budget Isn’t Working
- 12/16/2014: DailyFinance.com: 7 Reasons for Begging Your Employer to Offer a Roth 401(k)
- 11/21/2014: DailyFinance.com: 9 Secrets Your Life Insurance Agent Wants to Hide from You
- 11/18/2014: DailyFinance.com: Rich Dad Poor Dad’s’ Robert Kiyosaki’s Take on Retirement
- 11/16/2014: USAToday.com: Advice IQ: Should you convert to a Roth IRA?
- 10/22/2014: Huffington Post: 6 Lessons I Learned From Finishing a 21-Day Habit Challenge
- 10/15/2014: DailyFinance.com: 7 Surprisingly Simple Ways to Become a Millionaire
- 9/24/2014: DailyFinance.com: 20 Personal Finance Influencers You Should Follow on Twitter
- 9/16/2014: DailyFinance.com: 29 Money Moves That Millennials Need to Start Making Now
- 9/3/2014: DailyFinance.com: 3 Sneaky Things Hurting Your Credit (That You Can Easily Fix)
- 8/27/2014: DailyFinance.com: Debt Killed My Dad. Learn from His Mistakes – and Mine.
- 7/26/2014: USAToday.com: AdviceIQ: Helpful savings tips for families
- 7/25/2014: DailyFinance.com: 5 Crucial Lessons I Learned by Starting My Own Business
- 7/18/2014: NewsMax.com: Financial Adviser: Know Where Your Money Is
- 7/8/2014: WiseBread.com: What Does It Take to Become a CFP?
- 7/8/2014: WiseBread.com: Beginning the Free Life Insurance Quote Process
- 7/3/2014: DailyFinance.com: I’m Not Sold on Whole Life – and You Shouldn’t Be Either
- 6/26/2014: Betterment.com: Personal Finance for Veterans: A Q&A With Jeff Rose
- 5/29/2014: DailyFinance.com: 10 Cities Your Financial Adviser Is Begging You Not To Retire To
- 5/19/2014: Yahoo Finance: A Soldier’s Guide to Getting Out of Debt
- 5/8/2014: DailyFinance.com: 6 Lessons I Learned From Finishing a 21-Day Habit Challenge
- 4/9/2014: BadCredit.org: 10 Vloggers to Help You Perfect Your Finances
- 2/7/2014: Huffington Post: 5 Ways to Get Your Business Unstuck
- 1/23/2014: Yahoo Finance: Take Your Retirement Plan to the Next Level
- 1/23/2014: USNews.com: Take Your Retirement Plan to the Next Level
- 1/22/2014: Huffington Post: Peer to Peer Lending: The Investment You Might Be Missing Out On
- 1/22/2014: WiseBread.com: Get Over the Hump Like a Soldier (Book Giveaway)
- 11/20/2013: Black Enterprise: ‘Soldier of Finance’ Book Supplies You With Marching Orders on Your Finances
- 11/15/2013: WiseBread.com: What Do I Need to Know Before I Hire a CFP?
- 11/15/2013: WiseBread.com: Meet Wise Bread’s Financial Planning Expert, Jeff Rose, CFP!
- 11/10/2013: Investment News: For advisers serving clients and country, the balancing act is tough
- 11/2013: Entrepreneur on Fire: Jeff Rose Gives Fire Nation His 2 Cents, and then some…
- 10/30/2013: BadCredit.org: 10 Best Fun Finance Blogs
- 10/11/2013: Marketplace Interview: A Tactical Approach to Personal Finance
- 09/23/2013: Get Rich Slowly: Book Review: “Soldier of Finance”
- 09/13/2013: TheSouthern.com: Carbondale resident gives financial tips in book
- 09/10/2013: Huffington Post: Why Your Own Denial Is Ruining You Financially
- 9/4/2013: BadCredit.org: 10 Best Finance Blogs for Young Professionals
- 08/13/2013: Laserfiche: 3 Questions With Jeff Rose, Certified Financial Planner
- 5/21/2013: Yahoo News: Earning Too Little to Save for Retirement
- 03/07/2013: Market Watch: 5 Debts That Can Ruin Your Retirement
- 2/23/2013: BusinessInsider.com: Having One Bank Account Isn’t Always The Wisest Option
- 1/8/2013: BusinessInsider.com: Three Ways Debt Can Derail Your Retirement Plans
- 01/07/2013: Market Watch: How to Avoid Hiring a Bernie Madoff
- 01/03/2013: Chamber of Commerce: Protecting Your Business With Life Insurance
- 12/03/2012: Market Watch: Social Security Benefits for Wounded Vets
- 11/23/2012: Chamber of Commerce: In the Black? Start Thinking About Investing for The Future
- 07/18/2011: Financial-Planning.com: Blogging Your Way to a Bigger Practice
- 02/01/2011: Relay Station: Jeff Rose Is a Force of Nature