Memorial Day is always a challenging day for me. It’s a day where I feel so thankful to be at home with my family and realize how fortunate I am to have survived a deployment to Iraq. There have been countless times where people have thanked me for my service and it always leaves me speechless. What does one say to that? Typically, I just respond with, “Thank you for the acknowledgment”. I mean I just did what was asked. That’s it. But there have been thousands of fallen soldiers who gave the ultimate sacrifice and that’s what Memorial Day is about.
If you know somebody who has lost a loved one in the war, tell them your thinking about them. This day is for them.
You can find a good memorial day read over at Art of Manliness. He has a guest post from Lt. Buck Compton who is one of the last survivor members of Easy Company (from the HBO documentary Band Of Brothers). When I think of heroes, these are the guys that I think about it.
Post of The Week
- Digerati Life presents How To Avoid Foreclosure: Keep Your House in Troubled Times
- 41 Bloggers Share Their Best Money Advice at Squawk Fox
- How To Create A Strong Password You Can Remember at Bargaineering
- Never Underestimate (or Overestimate) Small Savings or Income Opportunities Four Pillars
- Gather Little By Little teaches you how to build a compost bin
- Cash Money Life wants to help you Evaluate Which Online Broker Is Right For You?
- My Dollar Plan provides another summary in her article Credit Cardholders’ Bill of Rights Act of 2009.
- 67 Ways to Not Sell a Car over at Man Vs. Debt
- Free From Broke offers 25 Traits of the Not So Well To Do
This week’s carnivals:
- Carnival of Twenty Somethings- Wedding Edition was hosted at Financial Highway.
- Carnival of Money Stories: May Two-Four Edition was hosted at Prime Time Money.
- Money Hacks Carnival – Otter Pop Edition was hosted at The Stretchy Dollar.
- Carnival of road to financial independence #7 was posted at One Family’s Blog.
- 178th Festival of Frugality was hosted at Living Almost Large.
- Personal Investment and Personal Finance Blog Articles this Week was hosted at the Skilled Investor.
- Wealth, Money and Life Carnival – May 23, 2009 was hosted at Dividends Value.
- OneMint – Economy and Your Finances Carnival 24 May 2009 was hosted at One Mint.
Securities offered through LPL Financial, Member FINRA/SIPC