My family is my everything. I would do everything for them and would want to do nothing without them. That remains true as my family grows (note the 3 little devils pictured above).
What also remains true is to support them in all I do. I’m not just talking about buying my son the latest Transformer (his favorite is Octatamus Prime as he would say it). I’m talking about laying the foundation of making good financial decisions. Even as a financial advisor background, I realize I have a tough road ahead.
With Family and Finances, there are so many areas to cover: budgeting, frugality, investing, etc.
I knew that I could not cover them all alone, so I hit up some of the best personal finance bloggers to offer their best post as it pertains to family and finance. So here are the Top 67+ family finance articles.
Why do I say 67 “+“? Because I know there are plenty more that were not included and I want you to add your favorites to the comments section. Please share your favorite articles or resources that revolve around families and money below! And now for the articles….
The Articles Your Family Needs
1 Downside of Student Paypal Accounts. Your child could be getting mislead with the great deal of a student PayPal account.
2. Ways You Can Save On Baby Costs. Nine tips to save money when you have a child.
3. 10 Things I Want My Kids to Learn About Money Before They’re Adults. Ten great tips that you need to tell your kids before they will have to manage their own finances.
4. Can You Afford to Stay Home? Can you afford for your loved one to be a stay at home parent, this article will tell you how.
5. How to deal with one income. Five tips on how cutting corners on the small things can save you money in the long run.
6. Great Financial Gift Ideas For Kids. This article goes through some great financial investment gifts to give your children.
7. How Much Life Insurance Should You Buy?. Digging into the hard decision of how much insurance you actually need.
8. How To Start Investing. Insight on how to first start investing your money.
9. Giving to charity. How giving money to charities can save you money on your investments and your tax liability.
10. How to Stop Smoking Cigarettes. This article puts stopping smoking cigarettes into a financial investment decision.
It’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family.
11 7 Money Traps to Avoid. Seven tips to avoid maximizing your investing possibilities.
12. 5 Cheap Nights Out With Your Family. Cheap family recreation is always in style. Stop by and get a few fun ideas for the crew!
13. 5 Ideas for Building Wealth in 2011 Five great tips towards maximizing your wealth during 2011.
14. Get Rich; Develop 4 Wealth Habits Four great tips to acquiring true wealth with investing.
15. Why You Must Start Saving Now. A great insight into how starting to save today will help you out exponentially in the future.
16. Best Investment Options for Deployed Military Members,This article gives you great investment ideas if you or a loved one is serving in the armed forces.
17. This is Why You Can’t Make Money in the Stock Market. Some of the risks associated with investing in stocks.
18. Stay-At-Home Moms and Dads, You May Still Be Eligible To Contribute To An IRA! Here’s How: If you are a stay at home parent, can you still contribute to an IRA?
19. 10 Most commonly asked questions on Roth IRA. 10 most commonly asked questions about a Roth IRA that you need to be aware of.
20. How to Raise a Millionaire – Show Your Child That You Spend Time on Finances – part of a 7- part series on How to Raise a Millionaire.
As I look back now on my coaching career, I think of my family, I think of the days that we spent together. I say this to coaches everywhere: If you ever have a chance to take your kids with you, take them. Don’t miss that opportunity. Because when it’s all over and done with, when you look back, those are going to be your fondest memories.
21Better Alternatives To Making Cash Donations. Don’t have much spare cash? Have trouble trusting certain charities? There are alternatives to giving cash when you want to make an impact and help others.
22. If You Have A Family You Need A Budget! Easy ways to change your habits and save your family money.
23. Poor Money Choices Ruined My Parents’ Life A great story of how having no budget, or a bad budget, could lead your family into troubles down the road.
24. Debt Reduction Strategy Guide How to learn about your debt issue, and start a budget to pay it off as quickly as possible.
25. How I Teach My Kids About Money and Life By Using Bricks Uses a “brick” analogy with budgeting and teaches you how to talk to your kids about budgeting.
26. . 10 Critical Money Management Skills Your Children Need You To Teach Them Ten great techniques you need to teach your children about how they should manage their finances.
27. How to Support a Family on a Single Income Great tips on how to support your family with only one income, or a family income that has decreased.
28. Living On Less Before You Need To: Getting By With One Income This article teaches you how to live with one more child in your life if you have one less income.
29. Breaking the Minimum Credit Card Payment Habit. Dangerous behavior of minimum payments on credit cards and how to break this habit.
30. Avoid overspending on baby items. Possible issues with spending too much on your newborn baby.
Success means different things in different parts of my life, but overall if I have to define ultimately what success means.. the bottom line.. then for me it’s if the family is healthy and happy.Dr Phil
31 Unexpected Baby Expenses. This article dives into some of the unexpected expenses associated with having a new child.
32. Compare Cost and Convenience of Cloth & Disposable Diapers. Should you buy cloth diapers or disposable ones?
33. Cable Alternatives – Legal Alternatives to Cable TV. Great ways to cut your cable bill to improve your budget.
34. Commonly Missed Tax Deductions. 10 most commonly missed tax deductions you should be aware of.
35. How To Save Money Fast. Some great tips on how you and your family can save money fast.
36. Should You Give Money to a Homeless Person. This article explores the funny question of if you should give money to a homeless person.
37. What Happens to Your Family When You Die Without a Will. What will happen to your family if you die without a will.
38. Can you Afford Not To Stay At Home With Your Kids. Can you afford to stay at home with your kids, this article will answer that question.
39. 5 Tips to Save on Gasoline. Five great tips on how you can save on your gas bill at the pump.
40. Our Biggest Financial Mistake. How to avoid that major financial mistake with a budget.
Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go.
41 7 Tips for Marital Money Bliss. 7 tips towards marital money bliss from the eyes of a financial perspective.
42. Your Dog’s Diet Could Cost You and Your Dog. How you and your dog could benefit from cutting back on your dog food expenses.
43. Planning for Food Prices Inflation. How to prepare for food price inflation.
44. Wealth in Life; 25 Cheap Ideas for Fun. 25 great cheap ideas for family fun that will save you money.
45. Awesome ways and apps to improve your bad financial habits. Beginner’s tips and Apps for financial habits.
46. How I cut the cost of college. Nine tactics to keep college from breaking the bank.
47. Cashor Credit . Cash or Credit is a fundamental question. You only have a choice if you have the savings that may be used instead of credit.
48. Front Load Washers vs. Top Load Washing Machines . Comparing High Efficiency Washers to Top Load Machines.
49. 5 Sources of Retirement Income. Here are 5 ideas for sources of retirement income that can provide you with some steady income.
“The easiest way for your children to learn about money is for you not to have any.” – Katharine Whitehorn
51 Make Money Playing in Monopoly Tournaments – Get the family registered for the National Monopoly Championship. It’s a fun way to spend the day and the top prize is a whopping $20,580!
51. Want to Buy Something? Save, Don’t Borrow! “The title says it all! Don’t get into debt!”
52. Family Time: 4 Ways to Teach Financial Literacy to Kids of All Ages. Financial literacy begins at home. Teach your kids about money and what they can do to be more responsible.
53. Building the Perfect Credit Profile, Building a perfect credit profile and top rated credit score is possible through a little work and using good credit practices.
54. Pros and Cons of Online Checking. Most banks and credit unions today offer their customers the option of accessing their accounts on line.
55. Investing – The Mistake Of Timing The Market. We sometimes ponder and try to speculate the market. Basically we try to time the market to maximize our gains. Often we give up in despair! There are so many factors to be taken into account.
56. 7 Compelling Reasons Why Long Term Investing Is Better Than Short Term Trading. Look to the long term when investing.
57. How To Save Money On Your Grocery Bill. Finding ways to save money on your groceries can take a great deal of time. Here are a few tips to save you time, and save you money on your grocery bill.
58. Handling Your Finances – How to Create Wealth. Creating wealth for your family.
59. How to Budget Your Money on Variable Income. Budgeting tips for those with variable income.
60. Money and Relationships: Communication Tips. Communication is a very crucial part of our daily life, especially when it involves money and relationships.
61. How to Balance Your Savings as Investments While Raising a Family. It’s a struggle that all families have to deal with. Here’s some tips on how to do it right.
62. Lending Money to Family and Friends. An area that can be tricky for anybody and is usually better left avoided.
63. Holding a Family Financial Meeting. Families don’t do this enough. Every family needs to have a real money discussion so that everyone is on board.
64. How to Teach Your Children About Credit. It’s never too early to teach your children about the basics of credit. Here’s a good introduction on getting them started.
65. Important Money Tips A Dad Should Teach His Son. With 3 young sons, I know that this is something that needs to start now. This post offers 9 tips for every father out there looking to raise financial stewards.
66. How Long to Save Tax Stuff. Organization is huge to keeping your financial life on track. Here’s a look at one key aspect to always keep organized: your tax records.
67 How to Balance Work and Family. This is something that has always been a struggle with me. Luckily, a coaching program that I’ve recently started has shown me that you can take days off and still get a ton done.
I know that there are a ton of other great family articles that should have been included. Please don’t let them go unnoticed. If you know of one that should absolutely be included, leave in the comments section. I’ll be sure to get it added!
68. How We Keep Our Grocery Budget Under $250 Each month . Grocery saving tips that have helped us keep our food bill under $250 each month.
69. Teaching Children About Compound Interest . An interesting approach to teaching children the value of saving and the power of compounding.
Get the Money Dominating Toolkit
- 6 Tools to Get Your Money Back on Track
- The Ultimate Goal Achiever Workbook
- 2 Free Chapters to my Best Selling Book
- 21 Days to Destroy Your Bad Habits Worksheet