- — Survey Junkie lets users rack up digital points each time they take a survey, which are redeemable for PayPal cash or gift cards.
- — It’s free to sign up, and the opinions you offer during surveys can actually help shape products and services of the future.
- — You may only make $0.50 to $3 for each survey you take, but you can earn consistent income by completing every survey you qualify for.
If you’re looking for an easy way to earn some side income in your spare time, Survey Junkie is worth a close look. This website connects you with surveys you can take online and from the comfort of your own home.
Although you won’t earn a ton of money for each survey you take (usually $0.50 to $3), you can easily build up a stash of points if you participate regularly and complete every survey you’re eligible for. Keep reading to learn more about Survey Junkie, its pros and cons, and how to sign up and get started.
About the Company
- Survey Junkie is an online platform that pays users for taking digital surveys.
- Reward points earned with Survey Junkie can be redeemed for gift cards for popular brands or transfers to your PayPal account.
- You can take Survey Junkie surveys on your computer or your favorite mobile device at any time of the day or night.
- Signing up with Survey Junkie is 100% free.
Survey Junkie: How It Works
Survey Junkie is an online platform that connects users with an array of surveys from popular brands and service providers. Signing up and getting started with Survey Junkie is absolutely free.
If you have some free time to spare and you want to earn some easy money, taking online surveys could be ideal. There is a low barrier to entry to get started, and almost everyone is eligible for some surveys based on the information they include in their profile.
Pay is fairly low at approximately $0.50 to $3 for each survey completed, yet many questionnaires take 20 minutes or less, and they’re rarely difficult or stressful. Also, be aware that some surveys pay more in “points” than others. Most surveys that are currently available are worth between 80 and 150 points, and each point is worth one cent each.
To sign up with Survey Junkie, all you have to do is hit “Join Now” on the website homepage.
From there, you can begin your application via a Google or Facebook account, and by offering additional information like your zip code, your date of birth, and your gender. Once you create an account, you’ll begin filling out your profile by answering questions about yourself.
As you start the process, plan to answer questions about your:
- Living situation
- Shopping habits
- Level of education
Once you create a profile, you can maximize the rewards you earn by downloading the Pulse app. This browser extension lets you earn more points for each survey you take, and you can also get access to exclusive rewards by sharing your browsing activity. You’ll also be eligible for more surveys in general if you have this browser extension on your computer.
Note that you can only redeem rewards earned with Survey Junkie once you have accrued at least $5 in your account. Although you can cash in your points for PayPal cash, you can also choose to redeem gift cards from top brands like Amazon and Target.
Products and services offered by Survey Junkie are not complicated at all. Creating an account is free, and you’re rewarded with points for taking surveys you’re eligible for. Once you have at least $5 in rewards built up, you can redeem them for PayPal cash or gift cards.
Interesting features you should know about before you sign up include:
- More points via Survey Junkie Pulse app: Downloading the app or adding the browser extension to your device helps you earn more rewards points. It also increases the number of surveys you’re eligible for.
- Use your influence: While you’ll get paid for answering basic questions, the information you provide Survey Junkie is actually used to influence brands you love. This platform does reimburse you for your time, but you also get to help shape the products and services of the future.
Who Survey Junkie is Best For
Getting paid to answer questions may sound too good to be true, yet Survey Junkie is as legitimate as they come. In fact, the company boasts mostly excellent reviews across almost 25,000 user experiences on Trustpilot.
Still, it’s important to remember you won’t get rich taking surveys on Survey Junkie. This option is best for:
- Busy people who want to earn gift cards or PayPal cash in their spare time
- Anyone who has several hours to kill a few times per week, such as during their child’s sports practices or piano lessons
- Parents who are building up rewards they can use for Christmas gifts or birthday presents
- People who want to do something mindless while they watch television or relax
Quite a few of their surveys pay as little as $0.50, and you may only be eligible for $10 or less in surveys in any given week. When you’re taking surveys on the lower end of the payscale, you might only be making $1 to $4 an hour, which isn’t much at all.
Survey Junkie is more of a “side hustle” and less of a part-time job. Since you may not be eligible for every survey, it’s also a poor choice for people who need reliable side income.
Survey Junkie vs. Other Survey Sites
You’re probably aware that several companies do exactly what Survey Junkie does. However, not all survey sites work the same, so make sure to check out a few other platforms if you only plan to use one:
|Survey Junkie||Inbox Dollars||Swagbucks|
Browsing the Web
|Redemption options||Gift cards|
|Gift cards |
|Minimum redemption amount||$5||$30||$3|
What You Should Know About Online Surveys
Taking online surveys can make sense if you have free time to burn, but what else should you know about this industry? Here are a few important factors to keep in mind as you explore the world of online survey sites:
- Earn more rewards by using more than one platform. Since some survey sites limit the number of surveys you can take each month, many people sign up for multiple platforms and use them all. Also note that some Survey Junkie competitors also offer rewards for watching videos, playing games, or shopping online.
- Surveys are important to major brands. Surveys offered on sites like Survey Junkie are important marketing tools that provide crucial information companies need. The answers given within consumer surveys help brands customize their products or services to real people like you.
The Bottom Line
Survey Junkie is a free platform that lets users answer questions in exchange for PayPal cash or gift cards. You won’t earn a ton of money for the time you put in, but this platform makes it easy to build up a stash of rewards you can use to pay for splurges or even everyday bills.
FAQs About Survey Junkie
Survey Junkie is a legitimate survey site with mostly excellent user reviews. When you take surveys with this platform, you can count on receiving the rewards you’re promised provided you meet the requirements of the program.
Most surveys on Survey Junkie pay out $0.50 to $3, and your income depends on how many surveys you take. A monthly income of $20 to $50 is reasonable if you take every survey available to you.
Survey Junkie offers a quick and easy way to earn $20 in PayPal cash in a relatively short period of time. You’ll get $0.50 to $3 for each survey you take, and you can cash out for a PayPal transfer once you’re ready and you have at least $5 in rewards in your account.
A PayPal transfer from Survey Junkie can happen instantaneously. You can also redeem your rewards for electronic gift cards as soon as you’re ready.