This weekend consisted of me being surrounded by people just as geeky and obsessed over blogging as myself – it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!
Over 280 joined the festivities and I was in networking heaven. Now 3 days removed from the conference and I’m still obsessed over the #fincon11 hashtag on Tweetdeck not wanting it to really be over.
I think Ninja from Punch Debt in the Face said it best,
I could go on and one about all the cool people I met, but so many other bloggers have done a better job of recapping the event. To name a few:
- Financial bloggers build community as they share their stories (Millionaire Corner)
- A meeting of minds: Financial blogger conference 2011 (Get Rich Slowly)
- Moving beyond blogging at the Financial Bloggers’ Conference (The Centsible Life)
- Financial blogger conference 2011: Meeting up with the personal finance blogosphere (Bible Money Matters)
- LoveDrop’s FinCon11 Service Project (LoveDrop)
- A gathering of financial minds: FinCon11 a smashing success (Cash Money Life)
- How to handle hundreds of colleagues (Consumerism Commentary)
- The Financial Blogger Conference saved this blog (The Jenny Pincher)
- Recap of the Financial Blogger Conference (Fiscally Chic)
- Financial Blogger Conference 11–meeting the PF blogger world and more (Free From Broke)
- Share Your Favorite FinCon Memories (Wisebread) <<<<<I even get called “The Rock” in this one 🙂
A few days before the event, I got the idea to do some quick interviews of the attendees. After 2 days of networking, I was able to complete just about 30 interviews. With almost 300 people in attendance, I wish I could have done more, but there just wasn’t that much time. I would have loved to interview everyone there because everyone had an interesting story to share. Always next year, right?
Regarding the video, you’ll notice that I say I asked “two questions”, which I did. For the sake of this upload, I just included the answers to the first question which was,
“What excites you most about the Financial Blogger Conference of 2011?”
Note: Be sure to watch the video all the way through to see a my most favorite pic of J. Money from Budgets are Sexy.
If you were there and I didn’t interview you, please share your thoughts below.
To leave you with some encouraging thoughts, Pat Flynn from Smart Passive Income closed the show with his first public speaking gig and rocked it. Pat closed with these remarks,
“You can always do more than you think you can do. ….You can do so much. You just have to believe in yourself”
Thank you Pat and thank you Phil for hooking us up with a killer event!
Just in case you were curious for an outside perspective on the conference, you can check out my wife’s post who attended the event with me.