A lot of us may be unknowingly passing up on a lot of opportunities to earn some extra cash. I did some research, and it turns out I found a few web offers out there – in fact, no less than 103 of them – that will pay you a referral fee!
And I didn’t have to look all that hard. This is one of the very easiest ways you can earn some spare cash. All you have to do is refer people to the services and vendors you use all the time.
Those are the ones you trust the most, so you should have little trouble referring other people to use them as well. If you think for a bit, you probably know dozens of people, and maybe even hundreds.
Think of all of the friends, family members, neighbors, coworkers, fellow students and business associates you have. Collectively, they represent a pretty large market for all of the products and services you use every day.
You can begin earning extra money just by referring people in your social circle to use the very same products and services that you do.
103 Web Offers That Will Pay You a Referral Fee
- Shopping (7)
- Investment Brokerage Websites (7)
- Banks and Credit Unions (16)
- Cellphone Providers (10)
- Job Search Firms (11)
- Travel Services (10)
- Food Service (8)
- Internet/TV/Phone Services (6)
- Business, Personal & Student Loans and Credit Cards (7)
- Business and Financial Services (12)
- Web Hosting and App Services (5)
- Miscellaneous Providers (4)
Okay, on to the list! What I found is there are actually many hundreds of referral fee web offers out there. But a lot of them are vague in their offers. In fact, some just announce they have a referral bonus, without saying or even hinting what it will be.
You can find and participate in as many referral programs as you like, and there are plenty of them out there. But I only wanted to include those who make their terms and compensation completely obvious.
I came up with 107 in total, but have broken them down into 12 specific categories. I hope this will allow you to focus on the specific business types and vendors you’re most comfortable referring to your friends.
Like buying food, everybody shops. And chances are you are using one or more specialty food providers or coupon apps while you do. If you refer those services out to your social connections, you can make even more money by using those services.
- Ebates — The first friend you refer will pay you $5. Refer a second friend, and you’ll not only get another $5, but you’ll also get an extra $40, for a total of $50. Each friend must make purchases of at least $25.
- Swagbucks — For each new person you refer to Swagbucks.com you will earn 10% of the referral’s earnings. Even better, you continue to earn 10% for as long as your referral is active on Swagbucks.com, with no maximum limit.
- Pottery Barn Kids — Each friend you refer will get $25 off their first purchase of $100 or more. Once they do, you will be entitled to the same offer. You can refer up to 15 friends per year, which will bring you $375 in purchase discounts.
- GlassesUSA — For each friend you refer you get a $30 in-store credit, and there’s no limit to how many friends you can refer.
- Groupon — Earn $10 in Groupon Bucks whenever you refer a friend to Groupon and they buy their first deal.
- BeFrugal (Online cash-back service) — Earn $15 for each friend you refer, and your friend will get $10. There’s no limit on the number of referrals you can send.
- NetSpend (Prepaid debit card) — When you refer a friend who activates their new Netspend Prepaid Card and loads at least $40, you both get a $20 credit. Referrals are unlimited.
Investment Brokerage Websites
It’s no secret that investment brokerages pay sign-up bonuses to get people to use their services. But a lot of them also have refer-a-friend programs that could not only enable you to pick up some extra cash, but to do it on a regular basis. Many have no limit on the number of people you can refer.
- Betterment — For each friend who joins and funds an account from your referral link, you will receive 30 days free, and your friend will receive 3 months free. If you invite three friends who join and fund an account, you will receive one full year free. The annual fee is 0.25% of your account balance.
- Motif — You will receive 1 month of free Motif BLUE Unlimited for each friend that opens an account and is approved (your friend will get 3 months free!).
- Firstrade — $50 for each friend who you refer to the site who signs up for the service.
- Questrade — Refer a friend to open a professionally-managed or online trading account, you will get paid $25 directly in your account. With every third referral you get a $50 bonus. Your friend will receive anywhere from $25 for a $1,000 account, up to $250 for a $100,000 account.
- Interactive Brokers — Send an invitation to somebody you know to open an account, and in return you receive a bonus of up to $200 if they sign up. There is no limit to the number of referral bonuses you can receive.
- Investrade — Refer your friends and associates and receive a $50 commission credit to be used towards future online trades.
- AvaTrade (Online investing) — Earn $75 to $400 for each friend referred, based on the amount of the friend’s initial account deposit. Minimum deposit of $250 for the $75 bonus, and minimum of $10,000 for the $400 bonus.
Since you regularly invest your own money with these some of these firms, I’m guessing you won’t have much trouble referring them to everyone you know.
Banks and Credit Unions
It’s been a long time since banks offered toasters to people who open up new accounts. Now they pay cold, hard cash, and that’s a lot better. But not only do they pay cash for opening up new accounts, but they also pay it to existing customers who refer their friends.
I’m guessing a lot of banks and credit unions pay referral fees. But in the list below I’ve included national and regional banks and credit unions that have put their referral fee programs in writing on their websites.
- DCU Credit Union — If the referred member opens any of the qualifying accounts within the time frame of receiving the invitation to join they will receive $20, and the referring DCU member will receive $10.
- Citibank — You enroll in the Member-Get-Member Program, then earn up to $100 for each person you refer who opens a new eligible Citibank checking account.
- HSBC — Receive a $100 deposit for your first two referrals and up to $200 for each additional referral, up to four, after someone you refer opens a qualifying HSBC Premier, Advance, or Choice Checking account, for a total of up to $1,000 for six successful referrals.
- Santander Bank — Both you and the person you refer get $50 when your friend or family member opens and uses a new Santander Bank Checking account.
- Boeing Employee Credit Union (BECU) — Refer a friend and both you and your friend will get $25.
- Regions Bank — Get a $50 Visa Reward Card when you refer a friend to open a new Regions Bank personal LifeGreen checking account or business checking account.
- Auto Club FCU — Refer a friend and both you and the friend get $25.
- Chevron Federal Credit Union — Get $25 credited to your Savings account for every new member you refer this year.
- Commerce Bank — Get a $50 Visa Reward Card when you refer a friend to open and use a new Commerce Bank personal checking account.
- First Tennessee Bank — Get a $50 Visa Reward Card when you refer a friend to open a new First Tennessee checking account.
- Branch Banking & Trust Company (BB&T) — Get $50 when you refer a friend who opens a new BB&T checking account. You can refer up to five friends and earn up to $250.
- Standard Bank — Refer a friend and both you and the friend get $25.
- HomeTrust Bank — Refer a friend to open a checking account and you and your friend each get $25. Plus you can get $100 on your fifth referral. You can earn up to $575 on 20 friends referred (19 at $25 and one at $100).
- Republic Bank — Both you and your friend will receive $50 when the friend opens a new account (coupon required for participation).
- Spectrum Credit Union — Refer a friend and get $25; the friend gets $50.
- Bancorp South — Refer a friend and both you and your friend will get a $25 cash bonus when the friend opens an account.
This group of vendors is probably the least surprising. Virtually every cell phone provider out there is offering some sort of incentive bonus to get people to sign up for their service.
And it follows they also offer referral bonuses. Here are the more common cell phone providers that pay referral fees. I didn’t bother to list the many providers that are not well known.
- US Cellular — Refer a friend and both you and your friend get $50. You can earn up to $550 in referral fees, which means 11 referrals.
- Boost Mobile — Earn a $25 account credit for each person you refer, up to $500 per year.
- TracFone — Get up to $30 for any friend you refer who signs up for the service (the “up to” part does make me a bit suspicious that it might also be just $10 or even $5, but it’s worth a shot).
- T-Mobile — Get a $50 Prepaid MasterCard Card for every friend who opens a qualifying account. You can refer up to 100 accounts every year, which will get you – are you ready for this(?) – $5,000 in prepaid cards.
- Verizon Wireless — You’ll get a $50 Visa Rewards card for one referral, $100 for two referrals and $200 for three referrals ($200 limit each month). Each friend who signs up also gets a $50 Visa Rewards card.
- Cricket Wireless — Refer your friends and earn a $25 account credit for every successful referral. Earn up to $250 in account credits per year!
- CREDO Mobile — Refer a friend and get a $100 bill credit on your account.
- AT&T (All services, including Wireless) — For each successful referral, the referring AT&T customer and the new customer will earn a $25 AT&T promotional card. You can earn up to $575 in promotional cards per year. AT&T promotional cards can be redeemed for merchandise online at att.com at any AT&T company owned store.
- Lycamobile — Earn a $5 free credit for every qualified referral.
- Sprint — You can receive $100 and your friend can receive $50 for every new line your friend activates. Earn up to $500 in referral fees per year.
Job Search Firms
Okay, job search firms are one category you can seriously turn into a side hustle, particularly if you have a pretty wide social circle. I’m guessing that virtually every job search firm in existence has a referral program, some more generous than others. But below is a list of some of the more well-known, national firms who publish what they will pay.
Get serious about providing a regular stream of referrals to job search firms, and you may finally stumble across that work-at-home side hustle you’ve been hoping to find.
- Prostaff — $100 referral fee. You get the referral bonus after the friend completes 80 hours of work for Pro Staff.
- AtWork Personnel Services — Pays $50 for a referral, but $100 if the referral is for a management level position (referral must work 160 hours before the bonus is paid).
- All Search Professional Staffing — Pays $500, and there’s no limit on how many bonuses you can earn. Best of all, you just give them the name, and they do the rest.
- SmartBear — Pays a $2,500 referral fee if the referred employee remains employed for a minimum of three months.
- Fast Staff Travel Nursing — Pays referral fees of anywhere between $500 to as high as $4,000, depending on the specialization. And since it’s for traveling nurses, your friend can be located anywhere in the US.
- Aureas Group — They pay $500 for a successful placement of your referral, and $1,000 for software developers.
- TemPositions Group — Pays a $1,000 referral bonus when the friend completes 100 hours on the job.
- Trusted Nurse Staffing — You’re eligible for a $500 bonus as soon as your referral completes the first assignment. Hard-to-fill or specialized positions may offer additional bonus potential. Referrals can be nurses or therapists.
- Jackson Therapy Partners — What could be better than a referral bonus? A referral bonus that keeps paying! Jackson Therapy Partners will pay you an extra $1 per hour for every regular hour your referral works. That would be $40 per week, or about $2,000 per year. A couple of those referrals and you’d feel like you’re on their payroll.
- TierPM — When you refer a friend and that person works a minimum 200-400 hours on a temporary assignment or completes the guarantee period on a direct hire placement with a client firm, you can earn a $250 to $1,000 referral bonus.
- Medical Staffing Network — Refer a friend in the healthcare field and you can earn a referral fee of $150 to $750. All you have to do is enter the friend’s information on the contact page, and they’ll take it from there. There’s no limit on referrals.
Are you a club member with a travel service that you particularly like? If so, you can pick up some extra money toward your next vacation just by referring the service out to your friends.
- Marriott — Earn 2,000 bonus points for each stay your referrals make, up to 5 stays per referral. You can refer up to five people per year, and that’s 50,000 bonus points for you, which is worth $500.
- Choice Hotels — Each time one of your referred friends joins and completes their first point-eligible stay, 500 bonus points will be added to your account. Your friend also gets 500 points.
- Uber — You can earn free rides by inviting friends to sign up and ride with Uber. After they’ve completed a first ride, your next ride will be free.
- Lyft — Not to be outdone, Lyft is also offering free rides if you refer a friend. In select cities, you can refer your friends to the Lyft platform and each get a free ride.
- AirBnB — When you send a friend they’ll get a $40 Airbnb credit, and you’ll get $20 when they travel and $75 when they host. You can invite your friends to Airbnb via email, or share your referral code on Facebook or Twitter.
- Kensington Tours (Global Travel Packages) — For each qualifying referral, a discount of $250 will be applied against your first trip booked with Kensington Tours.
- Princess Cruises — If you’re a past guest, you invite a friend who has never sailed or booked with Princess before, then you both get a $25 reward for each successful referral. There’s no limit to the number of referrals you can make.
- Vantage Deluxe World Travel — Your can earn up to $200 for each of the first 7 new travelers you refer, and then earn a free trip for the 8th traveler you refer. Earnings are unlimited. The friend you refer will save $100 on the cost of the trip they book.
- Sandals Resorts — Have your friend enroll in the Sandals Select program after travel to receive your 2,500 points. You can get points on up to five referrals per year, for a total of 12,500 points (worth over $300).
- Great Wolf Lodge — Refer a friend, and you each get a $50 credit on your next stay at the Lodge.
You gotta buy food anyway right? But if you do through any of the vendors below, you can pick up some referral fee money just for recommending the service to the people you know.
- Walmart Grocery (Online) — Send your link to friends who have never purchased groceries online at Walmart. Once they complete their order, you’ll receive a $10 promo code.
- Terra’s Kitchen Healthy Food Delivery Service — For each friend who you refer, they’ll receive $40 and you’ll earn $25 on your account after they order.
- Sam’s Club — Refer a friend and get rewarded with a $10 e-gift card for you. $20 e-gift card will also be issued for your friend.
- Farm Fresh to You (Organic Food Delivery) — You save with a $25 account credit when your friend joins using your promo code. Your friend saves $15 off their first delivery.
- Ibotta (Grocery rebates) — Get $5 for each friend who redeems on Ibotta, plus an extra $15 for your third friend who redeems. Total: $30.
- Costco Wholesale — Refer a friend and both you and the friend get a $10 Costco Cash Card.
- Starbucks — Refer a friend and they’ll get a free drink. You’ll get 60 stars. After you collect 125 Stars, you can choose to redeem them for a free food or drink item. That means each referral is worth about half a drink for you (almost). You can refer up to eight friends per month.
- Thrive Market (Organic food delivery service) — For each person you invite who becomes a paid member, you’ll earn $25 in Thrive Cash. There is no limit to the number of friends you can invite to join.
Who are you using as your communication services provider? If it’s one of the services below, you can earn referral fees by getting your friends to sign up. None of them pay a large amount of money.
In fact, most offer account credits. But if you refer enough people on a steady basis, you can use those referral credits to reduce your own bill.
- My Dish — Refer a friend and you’ll both save $50. You can make a maximum of ten referrals per calendar year. The bonus is a $5 credit applied to your bill for each of 10 months.
- Century Link — You and your friend can each receive a Visa Prepaid Card for $25 to $75 if your friend orders CenturyLink High-Speed Internet + Prism TV bundle OR CenturyLink Prism TV + Phone bundle OR CenturyLink High-Speed Internet + Prism TV + Phone bundle.
- Xfinity — Refer a friend and earn a $100 Visa Prepaid Card for the first referred new customer. You will earn a $200 Visa Prepaid Card for your second and third referred friends to a maximum of $500 per year.
- NetZero (internet service) — Refer a friend and earn $30.
- Vonage — You can refer friends and family and if they sign up for the service and remain in good standing for at least 60 days, both you and your referral will receive a $50 e-gift card.
- Suddenlink (Internet/TV/phone provider) — When you refer a new customer to Suddenlink, you can both earn a $25 credit on your bill for each new service they sign up for. That’s up to $75 per referral.
Business, Personal & Student Loans and Credit Cards
Peer-to-peer lending is the wave of the future. But in order to get more people to participate, the lending sites are offering generous bonuses. That includes referral bonuses. This is another area where you can make some serious side hustle money.
Everyone’s looking to borrow, particularly to refinance student loan debt. This is your chance to make some money tapping into that trend.
Credit cards typically offer sign-up and referral incentives to new customers. If you’re OK getting points, all you need to do is pull up your favorite credit card offers, and they’ll be right there. But I’ve limited the ones on this list to those that actually pay cash. Does that get your attention?
- Discover — Refer a friend, and when they become a new Discover cardmember, you could both get $50 Cashback Bonus or equivalent based on the card you have. You can make up to 10 referrals per year.
- Credible (Student loans) — Refer one friend and get $250. For the second friend you get $750. With the third referral you get $1,000. That means you can earn up to $2,000 referring three friends. Refer 10 friends and you can earn a total of $6,250.
- Chase Credit Cards — If you have either Chase Freedom Visa or Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa you can earn $100 for each friend you refer, up to $500 for five referrals.
- LendKey (Student loan refinance) — You can earn $50 for every friend who is approved for a loan, and another $200 more for every friend that takes a loan. And there is no limit on the number of friends you can refer.
- Purefy (Student loan refinance) — Share your link with your friends through email and social media and if they sign up to take a loan you’ll get a referral bonus of $200. You can refer up to 10 friends for a total $2,000.
- Kabbage (Business loans) — You can refer small business friends for a loan with Kabbage and earn a $200 gift card for each successful loan.
- SoFi (Student loan refinancing) — Earn $300 cash for each friend referral who takes a loan. You can refer up to 10 friends, for a total bonus of $3,000. (More on SoFi).
Business and Financial Services
If you are using any of these business and financial services, and you’re happy with how they work, it’s time to pick up some extra cash by referring them out to your friends. If you’re in business, this should be pretty easy to do, since you transact with other businesses all the time.
- RIA Money Transfer — Get a $20 Amazon.com Gift Card after your friend registers and completes their first money transfer.
- Payoneer (Cross-border payments platform) — Refer a friend and both you and the friend will receive $25. You can keep earning bonuses for each friend you refer.
- Digit (Personal savings app) — For every new user that signs up via your customer referral link and starts saving, you’ll be rewarded with a $5 Referral Bonus. There’s no limit on how many friends you can refer.
- Square Cash (Payment service) — When you refer a friend, both you and your friend get $10 when your friend sends $5 or more.
- Xoom (Money transfer service) — Refer a friend, and when the friend transfers at least $400, you each get a $20 Amazon e-gift card.
- Fidelity Payment Services — Refer your friend or colleague to Fidelity and receive $150 when they activate a merchant account as a result of your referral.
- Coinbase (Bitcoin exchange) — Earn $10 in Bitcoin for every friend you refer who purchases $100 or more in Bitcoin.
- TaxAct — Earn an Amazon gift card for every new-to-TaxAct friend referral who files a paid federal return. Your friend will get a 20% discount off a paid federal product. The amount of the Amazon gift card depends on the product your friend(s) purchase, but you can refer up to 20 friends during each tax season.
- TurboTax — For each friend you refer you get a $10 Amazon.com Gift Card when they complete their taxes. Plus, your friends will get 20% off a paid federal product.
- Advantage One (Tax service) — Refer friends, colleagues and business vendors and earn a referral bonus of $10 for individuals, and $50 for corporations. You can do the entire referral process online.
- Vistaprint — You get a $10 voucher for each referred friend who completes an order.
- Fiverr — Refer a friend to Fiverr, you will receive $5 to your shopping balance one hour after they purchase a Gig.
Web Hosting and App Services
If you have a website or blog, who are you using for your web hosting? There’s a good chance that your web host pays a referral bonus.
Since there aren’t THAT many web hosting services available, it should be pretty easy to refer yours if you really like them.
People are always looking for some sort of personal direction when it comes to all things Internet related. This could be your chance to make some spare cash referring your own web host to everyone you know.
- DreamHost — Depending on the hosting plan chosen by your referral, you can earn a commission of between $30 to $200 per referral.
- HostGator — For every qualifying friend that you refer you’ll get a $40 Visa Gift Card and your friend will save up to 60% off their order.
- Media Temple — By sharing your Media Temple referral link with everyone you know, each time a referral uses it to create a new hosting account, they’ll get 20% off, and you’ll get a free hosting credit.
- iPage — You can earn a $35 credit toward your own service when you refer a friend to the web hosting service. There’s no limit on how many friends you can refer, so it may be possible to earn enough credits to get your own service for free.
- Google Apps — Join the G Suite Referral Program and you’ll receive $15 for every user, up to $1,500 per business that signs up (meaning a business with up to 100 users).
Finally, I came across a few providers that didn’t fit neatly into any of the previous 11 categories. If you are using any of these services, and you’re happy with them, they’re willing to pay you to refer their services to your social contacts.
- MediShare (Christian healthcare sharing ministry) — Earn $100 for every new household that joins as a result of your referral. What’s unique about this offer is that you don’t even have to be a member to get the referral bonus. Just go to the webpage and make the referral(s).
- AAA — Refer a friend and both you and your friend earn 20 AAA Dollars that can be applied to reduce your annual dues.
- 24-Hour Fitness — Refer a friend and receive a $20 MyStore coupon, or one free 50-minute personal training session.
- Zipcars — Refer a friend and you each get a $25 bonus credit toward future driving.
Turning Referral Fees from Web Offers into a Thriving Side Hustle
We normally think of web offer referral fees as being on the small side – five dollars, maybe ten.
For such a small amount, you might decide it’s not worth the inconvenience or even embarrassment of referring your friends. And that may be true with a lot of web offer referral fees.
But think again.
Yes, a lot of web offer referral fees are small. But there are dozens that pay a lot more. Some pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars. And even as far as the smaller ones go, if they’re for common services you can refer dozens of people to, those referral fees can really add up.
This can be the perfect opportunity to generate extra income for a retiree, a student, or anyone who is looking for an extra income.
Referral fees can be used to help you get out of debt, fast-forward your retirement savings, or save for major expenditures, like a college education for your children, the down payment on a house or even your next vacation.
Don’t dismiss the potential lightly. You’ll find several vendors on this list you use. Investigate which ones you can become a referral source for on a regular basis. If you pursue it actively, you may be pleasantly surprised at the results.
And don’t need to feel bad about referring your friends either. In a lot of cases, your friend will also get a bonus for signing up for the service, and just because you referred them.
In some cases, all you need to do is put your referral code on Facebook or Twitter, and anyone who uses it will enable you to get a referral bonus. That’s as passive as it gets!
Sure, it’s a numbers game, but virtually all moneymaking opportunities are. This one is sitting on your home computer, just waiting for you to take advantage of it.
How Referral Fees from Web Offers Typically Work
Each referral fee program has its own unique features, but they generally follow similar patterns when it comes to procedures, terms and conditions.
Most of them work like this:
- You have to be a participating member in the service in order to get paid for referrals.
- You have to sign up for the referral program with a vendor in order to participate.
- You provide the name and contact information of the person you are referring, and the vendor will contact them.
- The friend must also sign up for the service and complete an initial transaction, which might be purchasing the service or funding an account.
- There’s usually a waiting period of between 30 and 60 days, or the referred friend needs to sign up for and use the service, before you’ll receive the referral bonus.
- Vendors might send you an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the year, indicating that the referral bonus is taxable. This will happen if they pay you total bonuses of $600 or more in any one year.
All in all, it’s a simple process. And once you sign up for one referral program, it will be easy to expand your participation. Especially since you will be referring out products and services you already use and believe in.
Once you start making some money, you’ll probably get hooked.
Are You Taking Advantage of Web Offers That Will Pay You a Referral Fee?
If you’re not, you’re leaving money on the table. We all want to either make more money, or spend less. These referral fee options provide an opportunity to do both.
Best of all, you’re just recommending products and services that you use all the time anyway. Those are the best and easiest ones to recommend to people you know. What’s also in your favor is that these Web offers are virtually a passive way to improve your financial situation.
In most cases, all you need to do is provide the names and contact information of your referrals to the vendors, or make your promo code available to your contacts, and they’ll take care of the rest of it from there.
You don’t have to move anything, sell anything, or by anything unusual! Are you taking advantage of that?