A lot of us may be unknowingly passing up on a lot of opportunities to earn some extra cash. I did some research, and it turns out I found a few web offers out there – in fact, no less than 103 of them – that will pay you a referral fee!
And I didn’t have to look all that hard. This is one of the very easiest ways you can earn some spare cash. All you have to do is refer people to the services and vendors you use all the time.
Those are the ones you trust the most, so you should have little trouble referring other people to use them as well. If you think for a bit, you probably know dozens of people, and maybe even hundreds.
Think of all of the friends, family members, neighbors, coworkers, fellow students and business associates you have. Collectively, they represent a pretty large market for all of the products and services you use every day.
Table of Contents
You can begin earning extra money just by referring people in your social circle to use the very same products and services that you do.
103 Web Offers That Will Pay You a Referral Fee
- Shopping (7)
- Investment Brokerage Websites (7)
- Banks and Credit Unions (16)
- Cellphone Providers (10)
- Job Search Firms (11)
- Travel Services (10)
- Food Service (8)
- Internet/TV/Phone Services (6)
- Business, Personal & Student Loans and Credit Cards (7)
- Business and Financial Services (12)
- Web Hosting and App Services (5)
- Miscellaneous Providers (4)
Okay, on to the list! What I found is there are actually many hundreds of referral fee web offers out there. But a lot of them are vague in their offers. In fact, some just announce they have a referral bonus, without saying or even hinting what it will be.You simply fill out an online form, and if they land your referral as a client or customer, you will be paid an unspecified bonus. That’s why I limited this list only to web offers which specifically spell out what they’re willing to pay for a referral bonus.
I came up with 107 in total, but I have broken them down into 12 specific categories. I hope this will allow you to focus on the specific business types and vendors you’re most comfortable referring to your friends.
Like buying food, everybody shops. And chances are you are using one or more specialty food providers or coupon apps while you do. If you refer those services to your social connections, you can make even more money by using those services.
- Rakuten — Get cashback where you love to shop, plus earn $30 for every friend you refer. Qualifying purchases must be made within 90 days of joining and a total of $30. You each get $30.
- Swagbucks — When you refer someone to Swagbucks.com, you’ll earn 10% of their earnings from categories like Answer, Shop, Magic Receipts, Discover, and Play, including options in the drop-down menus like Daily Poll and Tasks. This 10% continues for as long as your referral is active, with no cap.
- Pottery Barn Kids — Cardmembers get 5% back in Gold rewards on eligible purchases with the Key Rewards credit card across our brands. Members can join for free and earn 2% back in Silver rewards on qualified purchases.
- GlassesUSA — For each friend you refer, you get a $25 in-store credit, and there’s no limit to how many friends you can refer.
- Groupon — Earn $20 in Groupon Bucks whenever you refer a friend to Groupon, and they buy their first deal.
- BeFrugal (Online Cash-Back Service) — Earn $30 for each friend you refer, and your friend will get $10. There’s no limit on the number of referrals you can send.
- NetSpend (Prepaid debit card) — When you refer a friend who activates their new Netspend Prepaid Card and loads at least $40, you both get a $40 credit. Referrals are unlimited.
Investment Brokerage Websites
It’s no secret that investment brokerages pay sign-up bonuses to get people to use their services. But a lot of them also have refer-a-friend programs that could not only enable you to pick up some extra cash, but to do it on a regular basis. Many have no limit on the number of people you can refer.
- AvaTrade (Online investing) — Earn up to $250 for each friend referred, based on the amount of the friend’s initial account deposit. A deposit of $500 – $2,000 for the $50 bonus, and $20,0001 and more for the $250 bonus.
Since you regularly invest your own money with these some of these firms, I’m guessing you won’t have much trouble referring them to everyone you know.
Banks and Credit Unions
It’s been a long time since banks offered toasters to people who open up new accounts. Now they pay cold, hard cash, and that’s a lot better. But not only do they pay cash for opening up new accounts, but they also pay it to existing customers who refer their friends.
I’m guessing a lot of banks and credit unions pay referral fees. But in the list below I’ve included national and regional banks and credit unions that have put their referral fee programs in writing on their websites.
- DCU Credit Union — If the referred member opens any of the qualifying accounts within the time frame of receiving the invitation to join, they will receive $20, and the referring DCU member will receive $10.
- Citibank — You enroll in the Member-Get-Member Program, then earn up to $200 for each person you refer who opens a new eligible Citibank checking account.
- HSBC — Invite friends to HSBC Premier and earn $300 per referral, up to $6,000/year. They’ll get up to a $1,000 bonus when opening a Premier checking account and enjoy perks like global transfers and no foreign transaction fees with the HSBC Premier Debit Mastercard®.
- Santander Bank — Earn up to $500 when you refer a friend or family member, and they open and use a new Santander Bank Checking account.
- Boeing Employee Credit Union (BECU) — Refer a friend, and both you and your friend will get $100.
- Regions Bank — Get a $50 Visa Reward Card when you refer a friend to open a new Regions Bank personal LifeGreen checking account or business checking account.
- Auto Club FCU — Refer a friend, and both you and the friend get $25.
- Chevron Federal Credit Union — Get $25 credited to your Savings account for every new member you refer this year.
- Commerce Bank — Get a $50 Visa Reward Card when you refer a friend to open and use a new Commerce Bank personal checking account.
- First Tennessee Bank — Get a $50 Visa Reward Card when you refer a friend to open a new First Tennessee checking account.
- Branch Banking & Trust Company (BB&T) — Get $50 when you refer a friend who opens a new BB&T checking account. You can refer up to five friends and earn up to $250.
- Dollar Bank — Refer a friend, and both you and your friend each get $25 or $300.
- HomeTrust Bank — Refer a friend to open a checking account, and you and your friend could each get $25. Plus, you can get $100 on your fifth referral. You can earn up to $575 on 20 friends referred (19 at $25 and one at $100).
- Republic Bank — Both you and your friend will receive $75 when the friend opens a new account (coupon required for participation).
- Spectrum Credit Union — Refer a friend and get $25 for each one who joins.
- Bancorp South — Refer a friend, and both you and your friend will get a $150-$250 checking bonus when the friend opens an account.
This group of vendors is probably the least surprising. Virtually every cell phone provider out there is offering some sort of incentive bonus to get people to sign up for their service.
And it follows they also offer referral bonuses. Here are the more common cell phone providers that pay referral fees. I didn’t bother to list the many providers that are not well known.
- US Cellular — Refer a friend, and you can get up to $550 annually.
- Boost Mobile — Earn a $25 account credit for each person you refer. A $25 credit will be distributed in two $12.50 increments after the new referee has been on for 30 days.
- TracFone — Get up to $30 for any friend you refer who signs up for the service (the “up to” part does make me a bit suspicious that it might also be just $10 or even $5, but it’s worth a shot).
- T-Mobile — Get a $50 Virtual Express Prepaid MasterCard card for referring friends and family to open new postpaid accounts. And since you can refer up to 100 accounts every year, that could potentially earn you up to $5,000 in prepaid cards.
- Verizon Wireless — Get a $15/month bill credit per sign-up for a year. Save up to $1,800 yearly by referring up to 10 friends.
- Cricket Wireless — Refer your friends and earn a $25 account credit for every successful referral. Earn up to $250 in account credits per year!
- CREDO Mobile — Refer a friend and receive a $100 bill credit on your account.
- AT&T (All services, including Wireless) — Refer a friend, and you’ll get a $25 credit on your account. Your friend will get a $75 credit on their account.
- Lycamobile — Earn a $5 free credit for every qualified referral.
- Sprint (Now part of T-Mobile) — Get $50 every time you get a friend to join. Get up to $500 a year in referral fees.
Job Search Firms
Okay, job search firms are one category you can seriously turn into a side hustle, particularly if you have a pretty wide social circle. I’m guessing that virtually every job search firm in existence has a referral program, some more generous than others. But below is a list of some of the more well-known national firms who publish what they will pay.
Get serious about providing a regular stream of referrals to job search firms, and you may finally stumble across that work-at-home side hustle you’ve been hoping to find.
- Prostaff — Pays a $100 referral fee. You get the referral bonus after the friend completes 80 hours of work for Pro Staff.
- AtWork Personnel Services — Pays a $20,000 referral fee for every colleague with industry experience who purchases an AtWork franchise.
- All Search Professional Staffing — Pays $500, and there’s no limit on how many bonuses you can earn. Best of all, you give them the name, and they do the rest.
- SmartBear — Pays a $2,500 referral fee if the referred employee remains employed for a minimum of three months.
- Fast Staff Travel Nursing — Pays referral fees of anywhere between $500 to as high as $2,000, depending on the specialization. Get paid after the referred nurse completes 30 days of the first assignment.
- Aureas Group — Pays $500 for a successful placement of your referral. There is no limit on how many people you can refer to or how many bonuses you can receive.
- TemPositions Group — Pays a $1,000 referral bonus when the friend completes 100 hours on the job.
- Trusted Nurse Staffing — You’re eligible for a $1,500 bonus as soon as your referral completes the first assignment.
- Jackson Therapy Partners — Receive $500 for each qualified referral, with the exception of COTA, PTA, and SLPA, which pay $300 for each referral. What could be better than a referral bonus? A referral bonus that keeps paying! Jackson Therapy Partners will pay you an extra $1 per hour for every regular hour your referral works. That would be $40 per week, or about $2,000 per year. A couple of those referrals, and you’d feel like you’re on their payroll.
- TierPM — You can earn a $250 to $1,000 referral bonus if you refer a friend who works a minimum of 200-400 hours on a temporary assignment or the guarantee period on a direct hire placement with a client firm.
- Medical Staffing Network — Refer a colleague and receive a $1,000 or more referral fee. The referral fee is paid after the referred colleague accepts a position and has worked for at least 90 days.
The most generous referral fees are paid for jobs in healthcare and IT. That’s where you can find referral fees that pay in the thousands!
Are you a club member with a travel service that you particularly like? If so, you can pick up some extra money toward your next vacation just by referring the service out to your friends.
- Marriott — Earn 2,000 bonus points for each stay your referrals make, up to 5 stays per referral. You can refer up to five people per year, and that’s 50,000 bonus points for you, which is worth $500.
- Choice Hotels — Each time one of your referred friends joins and completes their first point-eligible stay, 500 bonus points will be added to your account. Your friend also gets 500 points.
- Uber — You can both get a free ride up to a certain amount if you refer a friend to Uber. Referral bonuses will be automatically credited to the referrer’s Uber account.
- Lyft — Not to be outdone, Lyft is also offering free rides if you refer a friend. In select cities, you can refer your friends to the Lyft platform, and each gets a free ride.
- Airbnb — When you send a friend, they’ll get a $40 Airbnb credit, and you’ll get $20 when they travel and $75 when they host. You can invite your friends to Airbnb via email or share your referral code on Facebook or Twitter.
- Kensington Tours (Global Travel Packages) — A $250 discount will be applied to your next trip booked with Kensington Tours for each qualifying referral. Referred customers will also receive a $250 credit toward their first trip.
- Princess Cruises — For every new friend you refer to the cruise line, you will receive $25 in onboard spending money. In addition, your friend will receive $25 in OnBoard Credit (OBC). There is no limit to how many referrals you can make.
- Vantage Deluxe World Travel — You can earn up to $200 for referring the first seven new travelers. For every eight referrals who travel, you can earn $7,000 in cash or a free trip. Enjoy increasing rewards for each additional new traveler you refer — the amount of money and free travel you can earn is limitless.
- Sandals Resorts — Have your friend enroll in the Sandals Select program after travel to receive your 2,500 points. You can get points on up to five referrals per year for a total of 12,500 points (worth over $300).
- Great Wolf Lodge — Earn voyagers points after referring a friend. Get a $50 credit toward your next stay at the Lodge.
You gotta buy food anyway, right? But if you do through any of the vendors below, you can pick up some referral fee money just for recommending the service to the people you know.
- Walmart Grocery (Online) — Send your link to friends who have never purchased groceries online from Walmart, and you will receive a $10 coupon. Your friend will also receive a $10 credit.
- Terra’s Kitchen Healthy Food Delivery Service — For each friend whom you refer, they’ll receive a $40 discount, and you’ll earn $25 on your account after they order.
- Sam’s Club — Refer a friend and receive a $20 instant savings. Refer up to five friends and receive a total of $100 in rewards.
- Farm Fresh to You (Organic Food Delivery) — Receive a $25 account credit when a friend joins using your promo code. Your friend receives a $15 discount on their first delivery.
- Ibotta (Grocery rebates) — Earn $10 for each friend who signs up using your code, plus cash back. Your friend receives $5 for signing up.
- Costco Wholesale — Refer a friend, and you will both receive a $50 online voucher with an Executive Membership signup or a $25 online voucher with a Gold Star Membership signup.
- Starbucks — By making a valid referral, you and your friend will receive either 150 stars or a coupon valid for a free drink at participating stores. You can earn up to one reward per successful referral, for a total of five rewards per campaign.
- Thrive Market (Organic food delivery service) — Receive $40 in Thrive Cash for each person you refer who becomes a paid member. There is no limit to the number of friends you can invite to join.
Who are you using as your communication services provider? If it’s one of the services below, you can earn referral fees by getting your friends to sign up. None of them pay a large amount of money.
In fact, most offer account credits. But if you refer enough people on a steady basis, you can use those referral credits to reduce your own bill.
- My Dish — Refer a friend to activate a DISH TV package; you will both receive 100 points or a $50 credit. You are limited to ten referrals per calendar year. The bonus is a $5 credit applied to your bill every month for the next ten months.
- Century Link — When your friend signs up through your link, you and your friend can each receive up to $100 in rewards.
- Xfinity –Earn up to $175 per qualified referral and up to $500 in a calendar year when you refer a friend. New and existing customers who sign up for a new Xfinity Mobile account can earn an additional $25 Visa Prepaid card.
- NetZero (internet service) — Refer a friend and earn $30.
- Vonage — Refer your friends and family, and if they sign up for the service and stay in good standing for at least 60 days, both you and your referral will receive a $50 e-gift card redemption code via email.
- Suddenlink (Internet/TV/phone provider) — You can earn a $50 credit when you refer a new customer to Suddenlink. As a sign-up bonus, the new customer will also receive a matching reward.
Business, Personal & Student Loans and Credit Cards
Peer-to-peer lending is the wave of the future. But in order to get more people to participate, the lending sites are offering generous bonuses. That includes referral bonuses. This is another area where you can make some serious side hustle money.
Everyone’s looking to borrow, particularly to refinance student loan debt. This is your chance to make some money by tapping into that trend.
Credit cards typically offer sign-up and referral incentives to new customers. If you’re OK getting points, all you need to do is pull up your favorite credit card offers, and they’ll be right there. But I’ve limited the ones on this list to those who actually pay cash. Does that get your attention?
- Discover — Refer a friend, and you could both receive a $50 to $100 statement credit if they sign up for a Discover card. You can make up to $500 per calendar year.
- Credible (Student loans) — Refer a friend: When a friend refinances a student loan balance of $30,000 or more, you’ll receive a $500 e-gift card. Your friend will also receive a $200 e-gift card. Alternatively, if they refinance a student loan with a balance of less than $30,000, you’ll each receive a $100 e-gift card.
- Chase Credit Cards — You can earn $50 for each friend who obtains a participating Chase Freedom® credit card. You can earn up to $500 in cashback per year.
- LendKey (Student loan refinance) — You can earn $200 for each friend who takes out a loan. Your friend earns $200 as well. There is also no limit to the number of friends you can refer.
- Purefy (Student loan refinance) — Share your link with your friends; you’ll receive a $200 referral bonus. You can refer up to ten friends for a total of $2,000 in referral bonuses.
- American Express (Business loans) — Earn up to 90,000 bonus points or $150 cashback per calendar year if your friend applies through your link.
- SoFi (Student loan refinancing) — Earn $300 for every friend who uses your referral link to refinance their student loans. Your referee will also be compensated $300. You can refer up to ten friends to receive a $3,000 bonus (More on SoFi).
Business and Financial Services
If you are using any of these business and financial services, and you’re happy with how they work, it’s time to pick up some extra cash by referring them out to your friends. If you’re in business, this should be pretty easy to do since you transact with other businesses all the time.
- RIA Money Transfer — Receive a $20 referral bonus after your friend registers and completes their first money transfer.
- Payoneer (Cross-border payments platform) — Refer a friend, and you’ll both get $25. You can continue to earn bonuses for every friend you refer.
- Digit (Personal savings app) — You will receive a $5 referral bonus for each new user who signs up using your customer referral link and begins saving. Your friend will also get $5. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer.
- Cash App (Payment service) — Refer a friend, and you’ll both receive $5.
- Xoom (Money transfer service) — Refer a friend and receive a $25 bonus added to your PayPal account for each referral who completes their first $50 or more Xoom international transaction.
- Fidelity Payment Services — Refer a friend or coworker to Fidelity and receive $150 when they open a merchant account as a result of your referral.
- Coinbase (Bitcoin exchange) — Earn $10 in Bitcoin for each referral who trades $100 or more in Bitcoin.
- TaxAct — Earn a $20 Amazon gift card for each new-to-TaxAct friend who files a paid federal return. Your friend will receive a 20% discount on a paid federal product.
- TurboTax — Receive a $25 gift card for each friend you refer who completes their taxes. You can invite up to 20 friends.
- Advantage One (Tax service) — Refer a friend, and you’ll both earn a $10 bonus.
- Vistaprint — Get a $20 bonus for each referral who uses your link to make a purchase of $40 or more.
- Fiverr — Refer a friend to Fiverr, and your friend will receive 10% off their first order, and you can earn up to $500 in Fiverr Credits – up to $100 per referral.
Web Hosting and App Services
If you have a website or blog, who are you using for your web hosting? There’s a good chance that your web host pays a referral bonus.
Since there aren’t THAT many web hosting services available, it should be pretty easy to refer yours if you really like them.
People are always looking for some sort of personal direction when it comes to all things Internet-related. This could be your chance to make some spare cash by referring your own web host to everyone you know.
- DreamHost — Earn between $15 and $200 per referral, depending on the hosting plan chosen by your referral.
- HostGator — Receive a $35 Tango gift card for each qualifying friend you refer, and your friend will save up to 25% off their order.
- Media Temple — Each time a new referral uses your link to sign up for a new hosting account, they will receive a 20% discount, and you will receive a free hosting credit.
- iPage — Earn a credit of $35 for each successful referral. There is no limit to the number of friends you can refer, so you can earn enough credits to get your own service for free.
- Google Apps — Join the G Suite Referral Program, and you’ll receive $15 for every business standard user you refer, up to $1,500 per business (up to 100 users).
Finally, I came across a few providers that didn’t fit neatly into any of the previous 11 categories. If you are using any of these services and you’re happy with them, they’re willing to pay you to refer their services to your social contacts.
- MediShare (Christian healthcare sharing ministry) — Earn $100 for each new household referred by you. This offer is unique in that you do not even need to be a member to receive the referral bonus. Navigate to the website and make the referral.
- AAA — Refer a friend, and both you and your friend will receive 20 AAA Dollars, which can be redeemed for cash back on select AAA purchases or applied toward your next annual membership renewal dues.
- 24-Hour Fitness — Refer a friend, and you’ll receive a $20 merchandise gift card or a free personal training session. The referred friend receives a free three-day gym pass.
- Zipcars — Refer a friend, and you will each receive $25 in driving credit.
Turning Referral Fees From Web Offers Into a Thriving Side Hustle
We normally think of web offer referral fees as being on the small side – five dollars, maybe ten.
For such a small amount, you might decide it’s not worth the inconvenience or even embarrassment of referring your friends. And that may be true with a lot of web offer referral fees.
But think again.
Yes, a lot of web offer referral fees are small. But there are dozens that pay a lot more. Some pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars. And even as far as the smaller ones go, if they’re for common services you can refer dozens of people to, those referral fees can really add up.
This can be the perfect opportunity to generate extra income for a retiree, a student, or anyone who is looking for an extra income.
Referral fees can be used to help you get out of debt, fast-forward your retirement savings, or save for major expenditures, like a college education for your children, the down payment on a house, or even your next vacation.
Don’t dismiss the potential lightly. You’ll find several vendors on this list you use. Investigate which ones you can become a referral source for on a regular basis. If you pursue it actively, you may be pleasantly surprised at the results.
Best of all, in most cases you don’t even have to contact the people who you are referring. Once you’re signed up with a referral program, all you need to do is provide the person’s name and contact information, and the vendor will take it from there.
And don’t need to feel bad about referring your friends either. In a lot of cases, your friend will also get a bonus for signing up for the service just because you referred them.
In some cases, all you need to do is put your referral code on Facebook or Twitter, and anyone who uses it will enable you to get a referral bonus. That’s as passive as it gets!
Sure, it’s a numbers game, but virtually all moneymaking opportunities are. This one is sitting on your home computer, just waiting for you to take advantage of it.
How Referral Fees From Web Offers Typically Work
Each referral fee program has its own unique features, but they generally follow similar patterns when it comes to procedures, terms, and conditions.
Most of them work like this:
- You have to be a participating member in the service in order to get paid for referrals.
- You have to sign up for the referral program with a vendor in order to participate.
- You provide the name and contact information of the person you are referring, and the vendor will contact them.
- The friend must also sign up for the service and complete an initial transaction, which might be purchasing the service or funding an account.
- There’s usually a waiting period of between 30 and 60 days, or the referred friend needs to sign up for and use the service, before you’ll receive the referral bonus.
- Vendors might send you an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the year, indicating that the referral bonus is taxable. This will happen if they pay you total bonuses of $600 or more in any one year.
All in all, it’s a simple process. Once you sign up for one referral program, it will be easy to expand your participation, especially since you will be referring out products and services you already use and believe in.
Once you start making some money, you’ll probably get hooked.
Are You Taking Advantage of Web Offers That Will Pay You a Referral Fee?
If you’re not, you’re leaving money on the table. We all want to either make more money or spend less. These referral fee options provide an opportunity to do both.
Best of all, you’re just recommending products and services that you use all the time anyway. Those are the best and easiest ones to recommend to people you know. What’s also in your favor is that these Web offers are virtually a passive way to improve your financial situation.
In most cases, all you need to do is provide the names and contact information of your referrals to the vendors or make your promo code available to your contacts, and they’ll take care of the rest of it from there.
You don’t have to move anything, sell anything, or buy anything unusual! Are you taking advantage of that?