When I was 17 years old all I cared about was eating at Taco Bell and rocking out to Pearl Jam.
When I learned that a 17 year-old girl started a blog I was amazed.
When I learned that the 17 year-old girl started a blog about personal finance and not fashion or shopping, I was literally speechless.
And immediately felt like an under achiever. <sigh>
Could you imagine how better off financially you would be if you cared about finances at that age?
More from GFC, Below
Eva Baker from TeensGotCents.com has a bright future ahead of her and I was excited to get her on the podcast.
On the Show
- Learn the motivation behind prompted her to start her blog at the age of 17.
- Find out the unexpected skills she learned from starting her blog.
- The strategy she used to build her savings account to $1,000.
- The book that gave her the encouragement that she could do this.
- Eva's financial tip to other teenagers that we can all learn from.
- My challenge to Eva for the upcoming the year.
For all the parents out there, I love how Eva's mom tasked her kids with doing a creative projects. This is something that I'll enjoy having my kids do when they're older.
Actually, my oldest son is six (almost 7). Maybe I'll have him start a blog. Haha… maybe not yet.
Hope you enjoy the interview!