- Key Takeaways
- — Get Coverage for Pets of All Breeds and All Ages
- — Pick Your Own Veterinarian for Care
- — Use a Fast and Easy Claims Process That Can Be Accessed on Your Mobile Device
- — Trustedpals Has Excellent User Reviews Online
A pet can give you a shoulder to cry on or even a friend to exercise with. Research from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) found that spending time with an animal can decrease stress-related hormones in your body, or even lower your blood pressure.
Unfortunately, owning a pet can be downright expensive depending on factors that might not be in your control. For example, dog cataract surgery could cost anywhere from $2,700 to $4,000, and chemotherapy treatments for your pup’s cancer could run up to $5,000. Then there’s the typical cost of spaying or neutering, annual exams, routine vaccines, and more.
If you’re not prepared, your pet could easily cost thousands of dollars every year. TrustedPals Pet Insurance can help pet owners give their pets the best care and protection against unexpected vet bills.
The insurer makes the cost of owning a pet considerably more predictable. For a monthly pet insurance premium, you’ll get coverage for accidents and illnesses you can’t budget ahead for. It also offers a wellness plan that includes regular and routine care.
If you want to protect yourself from pricey vet bills while ensuring your pet gets the care they deserve, then a pet insurance plan can help. Keep reading to learn how TrustedPals Pet Insurance works and whether it might be for you.
Table of Contents
- About TrustedPals Pet Insurance
- TrustedPals Pet Insurance Products and Services
- Costs Not Covered by TrustedPals Pet Insurance
- Unique Features
- Who TrustedPals Pet Insurance is Best For
- TrustedPals Pet Insurance vs Other Pet Insurance Competitors
- What to Know About the Pet Insurance Industry
- The Bottom Line
- How We Review Insurance Companies
About TrustedPals Pet Insurance
TrustedPals Pet Insurance is underwritten by Zurich North America, which has an A+ rating for financial strength from A.M. Best. You can feel confident about the financial security of this insurance provider.
It offers insurance for dogs and cats of any breed, or age. There are products for every budget and TrustedPals lets you customize your plan. For example, you can choose your annual coverage limit and deductible. You can also pick your own vet when seeking out care, instead of having to choose from a pre-approved veterinarian list.
TrustedPals Pet Insurance Products and Services
Although some pet insurance providers offer plans for a wide range of animals, TrustedPals focuses their business on offering helpful pet insurance plans for dogs and cats. With a pet insurance plan from TrustedPals, you can choose the coverage you want, whether you prefer insurance only for accidents or illnesses, or a comprehensive wellness plan.
TrustedPals Dog Insurance
When buying TrustedPas dog insurance, you can get coverage for accidents and illnesses first and foremost. This part of your plan pays for vet visits required to diagnose the problem. It also covers treatments, prescription medicine, and special pet food or supplements prescribed by your vet.
Meanwhile, any behavioral training and therapies prescribed by your vet might also be covered by your dog insurance plan. You also have the option to add on a pet wellness plan that covers up to $750 in routine and preventative care every year. Your wellness plan can kick in to pay for:
- Wellness Exams
- Flea and Tick Medicine
- Heartworm Prevention and Testing
- Prescribed Nutritional Supplements
- Spay or Neuter
- Dental Cleanings
- Prescription Pet Food
When you apply for dog insurance through TrustedPals, you can tailor coverage to your needs. For example, you can pick an annual coverage limit and a reimbursement level. You can also choose a deductible between $100 and $750.
Additionally, TrustedPals lets you customize your plan with the exact features you want.
*Sample quote is for a five-year-old large, female dog that’s mixed-breed
TrustedPals Cat Insurance
TrustedPals cat insurance plans offer the same basic coverages for accidents and illness. If your cat has major health conditions, your pet insurance plan will pay for related visits to your veterinarian, including treatments, medication, and special pet food or supplements prescribed by your vet.
Similarly, behavioral training and therapies might also be included in your plan provided your veterinarian prescribes them. A pet wellness plan for cats can also be added, if you’d like. This covers up to $750 in routine care such as wellness exams, dental cleanings, preventative medications, spay or neuter, and more.
When you apply for cat insurance through TrustedPals, you have the option to choose from one of their plans or create your own.
*Sample quote is for a five-year-old female cat, that’s mixed-breed
Costs Not Covered by TrustedPals Pet Insurance
Although we’ve included some basics on what each pet insurance plan covers, TrustedPals has a list of “not covered” expenses, like other insurers. Before you buy pet insurance, you should know about the conditions and situations this provider excludes.
TrustedPals doesn’t provide coverage for:
- Pre-existing Medical Conditions
- Anything Not Prescribed by Your Veterinarian
- Hip Dysplasia for the First Year
- Cruciate Ligament Injuries in the First Year
- Boarding and Transport
- Non-veterinary Costs, Like Pet License Fees
- Preventative Care (Unless You Add on a $750 Wellness Plan)
There are a few major areas where TrustedPals Pet Insurance really stands out. These include the following:
- TrustedPals lets you file claims online or through your mobile device. It also promises claim payouts in 10 days, versus the 30-day turnaround you can expect from some pet insurance providers.
- TrustedPals doesn’t have a maximum age limit for dogs or cats. Other providers won’t sell plans if you have a senior pet.
- You get an annual deductible with TrustedPals plans, whereas some providers have a deductible for each condition or incident.
Who TrustedPals Pet Insurance is Best For
TrustedPals is a good option for anyone with a dog or cat, but particularly for people with older animals who can’t purchase pet insurance elsewhere. This provider is also a good choice for pet owners who want to customize their coverage so they only pay for what they need.
After all, you can go with TrustedPals to get bare bonus coverage for surgeries or major illness, but also buy a robust plan with no annual coverage limit and up to $750 toward wellness and ongoing care.
TrustedPals Pet Insurance vs Other Pet Insurance Competitors
The following table shows how TrustedPals stacks up to a few of the top competitors in the pet insurance space:
|TrustedPals Pet Insurance
|Embrace Pet Insurance
|Age Limit for Dogs and Cats
|Max Age of 14
|Max Age of 14; Pets Ages 14 and Older Can Qualify for an Accident-Only Plan
|Within 10 Days
|Up to 15 Days
|Up to 15 Days
|100% Reimbursement Option
|No; Up to 90%
|No; Up to 90%
|Wellness Plan Available
What to Know About the Pet Insurance Industry
Before you select a pet insurance plan, there are details you should know about this industry. The following key points are important considerations before settling on a new plan:
- Waiting Periods Are Common: Unlike health insurance for humans that kicks in right away, pet insurance plans might have fine print that states when your plan actually starts. For example, TrustedPals Pet Insurance has a waiting period of 14 days, but other insurers have waiting periods up to 30 days.
- Reimbursement Can Be Low: As you compare pet insurance plans, check for reimbursement rates. Even some of the top plans only have reimbursement levels as low as 50%, which doesn’t prevent you from paying exorbitant vet bills.
- Pre-existing Conditions Can’t Be Covered: By and large, the pet insurance industry doesn’t cover your pet’s pre-existing conditions. This is important to know before investing in a plan.
The Bottom Line
We feel confident recommending TrustedPals Pet Insurance for a few reasons. The company earns excellent third-party rankings for financial strength. We also like that you can customize your policy to meet your pet’s needs and your budget. The option to add on a comprehensive wellness plan is also helpful.
It’s smart to compare at least three or four pet insurance providers before purchasing a plan to protect your best friend. Our guide to the best pet insurance of 2021 can help you get started.
How We Review Insurance Companies
Good Financial Cents systematically reviews U.S. insurance companies, emphasizing policy offerings, customer experiences, and overall reliability. Our goal is to present a balanced and comprehensive perspective to potential policyholders. Editorial transparency remains a cornerstone of our approach.
We actively collect information from insurance companies and place significant weight on customer feedback. By integrating this feedback with our research, we can offer a well-rounded evaluation. Each company is then rated based on multiple criteria, resulting in a star rating from one to five.
TrustedPals Pet Insurance Review
Product Name: TrustedPals Pet Insurance
Product Description: TrustedPals Pet Insurance provides comprehensive coverage for your furry friends, ensuring their health and well-being. With various customizable plans, they offer protection for accidents, illnesses, and routine care, allowing pet owners to choose the coverage that suits their pets' needs and budget.
Summary of TrustedPals Pet Insurance
TrustedPals Pet Insurance stands out in the market by offering flexible pet insurance plans that cater to diverse needs. They cover accidents and illnesses, including hereditary conditions, and even provide options for routine care coverage, which is rare among pet insurers. TrustedPals allows pet owners to personalize their policies with different deductibles, reimbursement levels, and annual limits.
Cost and Fees
- Customizable Coverage Options.
- Routine Care Coverage Available.
- Quick Claims Processing.
- 24/7 Vet Helpline.
- Competitive Pricing.
- Breed Restrictions May Apply.
- Pre-existing Conditions Not Covered.
- Waiting Periods for Certain Coverage.